.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, November 24, 2008

What are the chances?!

On Friday night, Mayce and I witnessed an important anniversary in Dallas/Fort Worth - by accident! The date on Friday was November 21, 2008, which was the 45th anniversary of JFK's last night alive on this earth. And we somehow happened to be hanging out in the lobby of the hotel that he slept in for his last night on earth on that anniversary! Ah! How weird!
The hotel is the Hilton in downtown Fort Worth and it was very pretty inside. Mayce's brother and their friend Cody were in town for a theater competition at the Fort Worth Convention Center (they are both theater teachers in San Antonio and brought students up to DFW to compete). We went out to dinner with Dave and Cody and then decided to hang out in the upstairs lobby of the Hilton (where some of the competition was held and where some of the students were staying). Cody and Dave noticed on the wall that there were lots of framed pictures of JFK and checked it out - the pictures were telling the story of JFK's last night alive before he was assassinated in nearby downtown Dallas on November 22, 1963 and we were standing right where it happened.....exactly 45 years later - to the day!

It was probably tacky of me, but I wanted to take my picture in front of the display and Cody joined me in the photo op. After we took a 'regular' picture, he wanted to be a little wacky and suggested the cheesy old "Olan Mills" pose! hee hee

2 comments:

Iris Took said...

You are obsessed with Kennedy. I have called you at least 3 times when you were on the "grassy knoll."

All Things Red said...

I am merely fascinated by history and experiencing things 'close-up'. That, and I am also fascinated as well as grossed out by 'all things dead'. lol