.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Friday, November 21, 2008

If I Could Turn Back Time.....

On Saturday, I met up with some ladies from my sorority's alumnae chapter in the Dallas area and we took a tour of Dallas Heritage Village at Old City Park. This is an 'olden times' recreation of a city back in the late 1800's and early 1900's.
The buildings that are there are original, but have all been moved from other places in Dallas/Fort Worth (some of them only moved 3 blocks to this site and some moved 30 miles). They had a mercantile, a saloon, a bank, a train station, a doctor's office, a farmhouse, a printing company, etc.
Oddly enough, behind one of the buildings, there were two random donkeys in a little pen - very weird, but I got to pet my first bona fide donkey!
Outside the farmhouse I also saw my first stoned cow! This cow just didn't want to really open its eyes, even though it was fully awake. I think it was smokin' something funny.......
It was VERY well done and I met some really cool ladies from this area that are also Tri Sigmas! Here's a picture of the ladies in the group!

No comments: