.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fall Folliage in Arkansas

I survived my first trip outside of Texas since I moved down here in March - and coincidentally, I took the same freeway (I-30) out of Texas that I took into Texas when moving from Ohio! While I did have a nice time seeing fall folliage, beautiful hills/mountains and authentic hot springs (the water is SUPER HOT), I will NEVER go on a trip with 13 strangers (one of them being the leader who I will affectionately call HITLER) again. I will spare you all the details, but I'll just leave it at "It was a big 'cluster' with LOTS of unnecessary drama and poor planning."
NOTE TO SELF: The next time you feel the need to take a little weekend trip - please do yourself a favor and go (a) by yourself, (b) with someone you know and can travel with, or (c) with less than 13 people. You will thank yourself later for it!
Here are some pics from my trip:
This is a fabulous rock outcrop that was in the parking lot next to where we had lunch - gorgeous!



Isn't this a fabulous sunset shot over a lake/hill?? I got it at the end of the day on Saturday with my little point-and-shoot digital camera - I was amazed at the quality!

I got the sunset shot by climbing down this little hill to the bottom and then there it was when I looked to the right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are amazing.
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Lauri! I'm sorry that the whole experience wasn't good but if chances are never taken then good things/people might get missed along the way. I'm proud of you that you took the chance and went out of your comfort zone - it's the experience that counts.

Shooter

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I know how much you like group trips, and it cracks me up that the groups keep getting bigger and bigger. I think you have discovered your breaking point. PS, we had an inch of snow on the ground today. Don't be jealous....