.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, November 17, 2008

News From The Past

When my Mom visited and brought me my childhood toys, she also brought some old newspapers she saved from important days/events during the last 30 years. What a treat! It was so neat to look through those newspapers and remember those momentus events!

Here is the Minneapolis Star edition from the day I was born - Tuesday, August 2, 1977:

Here is the Minneapolis Star Tribune from when the Minnesota Twins won the 1991 World Series (the 2nd one in 4 years!):

Here's one from when the Berlin Wall came down:

For you readers in Minneapolis, I'm sure you'll remember the Halloween blizzard in 1991! My sister got a white car stuck in a snowbank that night and our Dad had to come and rescue us and pull us out with a truck. It was insane!!!

Here is the Grand Opening magazine/brochure for the Mall of America in 1992! I remember going down to "The Mall" or "MOA" with my softball team on a bus that first year. Wow, were we dazzled teenage girls!

And of course, the paper from 9/11:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have my stack of collectable newspapers...good to know I'm not the only one that does this! :)
Abby