This past week I was reunited with a bunch of my childhood toys that my Mom has been storing for years! It was so much fun to dig through the bags - it was like Christmas morning. reliving all of those fun memories with those toys.
Here are my 3 Cabbage Patch Kids and my Care Bear Cousin - the penguin:

Here are my beloved Pound Puppies (1 momma and 2 baby ones). It only took me 20 more years to get a REAL dog of my own!

Next up is my Fisher-Price cash register (a precursor to my obsession with math & numbers):

And the toy we all knew and loved - LEGOS!! My Mom also saved a ton of red bricks that we used to play with. If I remember correctly, they were originally stored in silo-type canisters when we were little. I'm going to play with Legos this week for sure!!

Next up are my Minnie Mouse that I got at Disney World in 3rd grade, my Wrinkles dog, and a set of plastic eggs that come apart and have numbers inside with the appropriate number of pegs to match up in order to put the egg together. I think I learned to count with those!

And last, but certainly not least......my Christmas stocking that I used for all those years growing up. My Grandma Larsen made it (Kristi had one too, but it had a snowman on it and it was bigger than mine - I'm not bitter...lol) and embroidered my name on it. Love it!
Mom also found this baby blanket that was used when Kristi and I were babies. That was a surprise - I wasn't expecting her to bring that, but how fun! Mom said that there were 2 of them from when we were babies, so Kristi will get one of her own too. I'm definitely going to save it!
1 comment:
Your pound puppies are real collectors items with the box. You shouldn't be advertising that you have them, as they are probably very valuable :).
Post a Comment