.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tour de Dallas

On Saturday, I took a walking tour of downtown Dallas and I learned a LOT! The weather was gorgeous and we got to see a lot of things that you normally wouldn't just run into while downtown.

Here are a few highlights of the tour:
This is Reunion Tower - a unique feature of the Dallas skyline at night. It's a lit-up ball and there's a restaurant and observation deck at the top. It's all closed for rennovation until sometime in 2009 - so I'm looking forward to going to the top next year.
Here's a close-up of the ball at the top of the tower:
This is the main newspaper in Dallas - The Dallas Morning News. (Abby - I thought you would find this interesting since it used to be one of your clients!)

Here's some proof that leaves actually turn brown and fall of trees here - some of the FIRST evidence of this. I really really really miss the pretty colors and crisp nights, raking leaves and that smell of fall.
And this demonstration was kind of weird - and I'm assuming it's because of the election coming up. It was a pick-up truck that pulled up to a JFK memorial plaza with a trailer behind it, containing big stone tablets with the 10 commandments etched in them, as well as a replica of the Liberty Bell. He set up some sound equipment and started playing his guitar. For the 10 minutes we stood there, he played patriotic songs and spoke about Americans losing their values from what the Founding Fathers intended.

3 comments:

Iris Took said...

That will be sweet when it's done!

Marie A said...

You are so cool. Like most places where I have lived, I have yet to do most of the tourist-y things in Dallas or Fort Worth. It looks like you had fun. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I love finding my clients (past and present). Kind of like when I saw my first Chevron store back when I went to North Carolina. I've yet to get to Detroit but maybe someday. Is it sad that I do keep an eye out when I'm traveling? Oh well. Abby