.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wiener on the Loose!

On Friday, I had a HUGE scare with Maggie. As you all know, Maggie has become the master of her doggy door and when I got home from work on Friday, I went upstairs to check email and open mail. Maggie came up with me like usual, but then headed downstairs and out her doggy door - very normal. But after a while, I realized that she hadn't come back in the house and that was weird....So I went downstairs - no Maggie. I went in the backyard - no Maggie. THEN, I realized that the fence gate was wide open and Maggie was nowhere to be found! I'm not sure how the gate got opened, but all I cared about was finding my wiener!

I kind of panicked and ran around the front yard, calling her name - no Maggie. I started down the street, looking in all the yards - no Maggie. Finally, I start back toward my house to head in the opposite direction down the street and there I see her - in my front yard, waiting for me like she's been standing there all day. Agh!! I scooped her up and she actually clung to me as much as I clung to her. I was so relieved - I've never lost her before and I was petrified that I wouldn't find her or something bad would've happened. Man, that was a HUGE scare, but I'm happy to say that Maggie is safe and sound on the couch next to me, sleeping like a baby (and actually snoring a little bit!). WHEW!

3 comments:

Erin said...

R&R did that once when I came home from Thanksgiving dinner. The little brats had escaped and ran into the cow field next to us. Thankfully, Roscoe had his sweater on and rolled it in cow poo! Nice! I knew something was wrong when I drove up because there was a note on my front door, my neighbors found the stinky little poops!

Anonymous said...

I once was watching the neighbors dogs and the wind blew the backyard gate open and the dogs escaped. I was flipping out. Boo the Lab made it three street away from home. Luckily, she walked up to two woman and they realized she was someone's pet. They grabbed a leash and started to walk her around the neighborhood and as they came down my street they heard me yelling for her and we were reunited. I told her owner that I would not watch her dogs again unless she put her address on their collars and put a lock on gate. I would did if I lost Grissom!!

Iris Took said...

I heard that weiners are naughty dogs by nature.