.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Santa's Comin' Early This Year!


My Mom has been cleaning out closets in her spare bedrooms and came across a whole bunch of our childhood toys that she saved. She sent us an email of what she found and asked if want them since she'll be driving down to Texas for the winter (and stopping in Dallas for a couple days to stay with me) and can bring some down with her.
It was SOOO much fun to have her list off the toys she found - Legos, Cabbage Patch Kids, Pound Puppies, Wrinkles dogs, Barbies, canisters of red bricks, Strawberry Shortcake dolls (in the big plastic strawberry!), a Fisher-Price cash register with those big fat coins that you put in the slots, etc. Ahhhhh, the memories!

Is anyone else (besides just me) more obsessed with the toys of my childhood than anything cool and more advanced that's out now?! Who's with me?! I LOVE THE ORIGINAL NINTENDO!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had one of the strawberries as well?? I think my mom still has ours. What's really wierd is that I was playing My Little Ponies with my little ponies (Firefly and Bow Ties) this weekend. They love them. They are also playing with our Care Bears and our Strawberry Shortcake Dolls. I'm with you...they must have been the best toys if they are popping up again!! Abby

Anonymous said...

That is cracking me up. I loved my Cabbage Patch dolls and played with them all the time. I actually have them at my house and the girls now play with them. I forgot about some of those toys. I tell you what, once you get those toys you will feel like a kid again. I bough Leah a Cabbage Patch doll for her 1st birthday and I think my sister and I were more excited about it than Leah. (I know she is too little to understand it) Enjoy your new treasures!!
Stacie

Erin said...

I am so with you!

Iris Took said...

Lite Brite! That's amazing! I think you just gave me my Halloween costume idea. The Pound Puppy was pretty awesome too.

Anonymous said...

We were going through Scott's brothers toy chest recently and saw all of the old archaic video games. You know the one's where football was nothing more than a little red light flashing down the field.