But in the end, the car just wouldn't start. So I had to call a tow truck/car repair place that my friend Erin recommended. Thankfully my car insurance covers towing, so I'll get that money back, but I'm sure I'll get a hefty bill for the rest - I'm hoping they just have to replace the battery or something simple like that.
Here is a pic of Maggie looking out the window and watching that towing guy like a hawk - she's very protective. hee hee
I know that cars break down every day and that it's not the end of the world - and quite honestly, I should be thankful for a number of reasons:
1. It happened in the comfort of my own home.
2. I work for a fabulous boss who is understanding about these kinds of things.
3. I work for a company who lets me work from home when circumstances like this come up (I have my work laptop with me).
4. No one was hurt and it is relatively minor in the grand scheme of car problems.
But for some reason, I just panic when car problems arise. I think that in some ways, no one will give me as good of advice as my Dad would have - he was a car wizard. I wish I could still call him when things like this happen and he would know what to do. I surely will get through this day just fine, but I just wanted to burst into tears this morning! Am I weird???
3 comments:
I love the title, since I am a fellow Zoom-Zoom owner as well! No, you are not weird, it is stressful!!! And it jacked up your plan and I know how stressful that can be! I think it might be good that we are both working from home, I am in a MOOD!!!!
That is stressful and not knowing how much it may or may not cost to fix is another stress.
My zoom-zoom recently had a battery die at work. Luckily, it is still under warranty and the roadside people came out for free. However, the little car jumper man told me that he jumps Mazda 6's all day long. That doesn't sound to promising for us....
Post a Comment