.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, October 27, 2008

Tuna Does Vegas!

On Saturday, Mayce and I went to downtown Fort Worth to see a play called "Tuna Does Vegas" at Bass Performance Hall.
The play is done by just 2 men that play all of these different characters themselves (mostly obnoxious Texas women). It is set in a fictional Texas town called Tuna, TX (the 3rd smallest town in Texas) and it plays on all of the stereotypical craziness of a small town. It was great!

Here are pics of Bass Performance Hall - it was a georgeous theater! I hope to go back for more shows....they are doing Annie in December...hmmm....I might have to go and relive my childhood!
Here's a description of the play from their website:

Tuna Does Vegas, the hilarious new installment from the legendary “Greater Tuna” creative team, hits the road with a 21-city National tour starting March 25th at the Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth, Texas. Starring the incomparable duo Joe Sears and Jaston Williams, Tuna Does Vegas re-unites the lovable and eccentric characters from the 'third smallest town in Texas' as they take a rambling romp in Sin City. The hilarity begins when oddball-conservative radio host Arles Struvie announces on air that he and his wife Bertha Bumiller are heading to Vegas to renew their wedding vows...but everyone in Tuna, Texas goes along for the ride! Written by Jaston Williams, Joe Sears and Ed Howard, Tuna Does Vegas will feature the favorite characters from the award-winning “Greater Tuna” productions with some new characters too! ----all staged under the directorial hand of Mr. Howard.

1 comment:

Iris Took said...

So, you and your girlfriend went to Tuna Town?

Sorry, I couldn't help it!