.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Karma Chameleon......red, gold & green....red gold & green....

In about a month, I have a new weekend fall folliage trip planned with a Young Travelers Meetup group to Hot Springs, Arkansas (the Ouachita Mountains)! This is a group that is based in DFW, and they go on all sorts of weekend and day trips around the area. This fall folliage trip to Hot Springs is only about 4 hours away and the picture above is one taken from the exact place we're going!! Apparently there isn't a big leaf color change in Dallas, so I'm excited that I will still get to see the beautiful bold colors that the north gets to enjoy. I really miss the cooler fall weather and smells, so this will give me my fix.

The group is renting a 3000 sq. ft. house on a hill that some of the members of the group have stayed at before and the first 10 people to respond and turn in their portion of the house rental (only $50!) get a bed. I hope my money got there before the first 10! So far there are 13 people going. The activities planned so far on this trip are: hiking in the hills, photography of the fall leaf colors at special lookout locations, a bonfire, grilling, etc. I'm super excited!!

Below is a pic of the porch at the rental house where we're staying - I love porch swings......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful ... **big sigh** I am a bit jealous of all the wonderful experience you are having!

Erin said...

The leaves change here, from green to brown! What more could you ask for! I have heard Hot Springs is a fabulous place! I can't wait to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

That looks so beautiful and peaceful! Can I come too?
Stacie

Iris Took said...

Oo, fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow...that picture is breathtaking. I drove down to Sioux Falls this past weekend and the leaves are in the process of turning colors. So pretty...take pictures of your adventures. I'm excited to see what you see!
Abby

Anonymous said...

The leaves have changed around here too but as soon as they change, they fall off of the trees - not much time to enjoy the beauty. Have a great time and take lots of pictures. As Janis says - I too am a bit jealous.

Shooter