I finally broke down and bought a baby gate in order to keep my little wiener dog Maggie in the kitchen while I'm not home. I tried giving her the reign of the house and that didn't work (she had accidents in this one spot upstairs). Then I tried to just keep all room doors closed and let her just be in common areas. That didn't work too well either. So for the last couple weeks, I've had no choice but to get out her crate and keep her in that during the day (which she HATES).
Last week I ordered this baby gate on walmart.com and it had great reviews. I think I will keep her gated in the kitchen so that she has access to her crate where she can sleep, her food/water and she can also go in/out the doggy door (although she STILL doesn't get the concept that she can use the doggy door while I'm not there - she's a master of it when I'm home, but apparently she's afraid to use it while I'm gone).
We'll see if this helps!
3 comments:
I hope that Maggie adjusts well for you. Have a great day!!
Stacie
We had barkbusters come over the other night for our precious Mary-poo, and she said something that might help. If you give your dog food or treats in that spot, they won't go to the bathroom there anymore because they won't soil where they eat. She said by putting some food on the floor, it gives them some entertainment too since they are natural forgers.
Barkbusters??? :) Abby
Post a Comment