I walked around the stores, but didn't find anything that would work and look good.....until I ran right into the tile area! Eureka - that's the answer! I bought some individual tiles and brought them home to see if they were the right size, color, etc. I found one style of tile that I thought would work perfectly and I bought 60 of them and a bottle of Gorilla Glue and headed home to work my magic in my 3 bathrooms. The tiles are 3.75" square tiles and I measured everything out so they would fit without having to cut any tiles (since I don't have a tile cutter!). I glued the tiles onto the bottom of each mirror as a bottom border and I absolutely love the finished product! The whole project took about 1 hour to do and it only cost me $30!!!
Here are some pics of the finished product in my guest bathroom and my half bath downstairs:
7 comments:
That looks so great, Lauri!! I'm impressed! I'm having trouble deciding on anything for my place...still too new, I guess. Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done!! Abby
You are so crafty! congrats, it looks fantastic!
I really like the tile that you selected. The color is great and looks fantastic with the brushed nickel faucet (which I also enjoy). You are doing a great thing by doing a little at a time. My kitchen remodel was tiredsome but well worth it and I am contemplating a bathroom redo. I wish that my projects were little ones and not major. I will have to go stay with someone when my bathroom is redone since it is the only one that I have. Keep an truckin'!
Stacie
Good job! I must say that now the house is pretty much done, I am not missing the do-it yourself projects so much. I'll reminisce through your projects :).
It looks really good! Maybe you should start teaching classes :)
What the heck are those things in the sink that look like little shelves? Are they elbow rests for when you are picking your face and you need to get closer to the mirror?
Impressive, for a city girl. Home projects can be fun, but tiresome as Stacie said. The tiles look great. I hope to see them some day soon!
Beth
Post a Comment