.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thoughts on 34

Well, it's that time again - my birthday! I'm not a big celebrator of holidays in this season of my life, so I'm not doing anything crazy or anything. A few friends of mine are taking me out to dinner and I know I will have a great time since the company will be so good. :)
Last year at this time, I was publishing my official 33-list....a list of 33 things for me to do/accomplish in my 33rd year of life. I am proud to say that I accomplished 31 of the 33 things! The ones that I didn't get to were the Amtrak train trip and learning to 2-step. I have quasi 2-stepped before, but I just never made it to another class to REALLY learn and practice. And there were a few things on the list that got replaced by something else when I decided that I no longer had interest in doing them anymore or they just didn't make sense.



After trying this to-do list idea, I would deem it a major success in my life. I am a task-oriented creature, so crossing things off a list definitely motivates me to accomplish things. And I didn't HAVE to do this or any of the things on my list, but I wanted to push myself and try new things. It gives me purpose, goals and a sense of accomplishment as I work through the list during the year. It also gives me things to look forward to and work toward.

I would highly recommend it to anyone! I have my 34-list ready to go (with a few open spots at the bottom, in case I think of some cool ideas throughout the year and need to add some things) and I'm not going to waste any time getting started! However, I did cut it down to 20 things (plus the few openings) because some of them are bigger items/trips.

Here's to another year of adventure along the journey of life!

1 comment:

Iris Took said...

Happy Birthday WL! Glad you liked the POO card. ahahhaha!