.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, August 1, 2011

Blanket, Texas!

On a recent jaunt out west of Fort Worth (I'm loving these daytrips out of DFW!), we encountered something that I thought was insanely amusing.......a tiny town called BLANKET!!

We pretty much blinked and almost missed it.....and I begged to turn around and go back to see it. I couldn't believe someone named a town after one of my favorite things in the world! Here's proof - the post office!

This was the sign that I saw along the highway that made me beg to turn the car around to check it out. Basically we found a post office and some rundown buildings, and not much else.....but Mayce's brother said that his high school played Blanket in football back in the 1990's. Too funny!

PS - I think it was a little bit of a stretch for them to call it "downtown" Blanket......LOL

Look at this phenomenal cactus! It's huge and pretty!!

Well, I'll be damned........Blanket has a city hall!

This is "downtown Blanket"........hmmmmm..........

The good 'ol Methodists are still there, though - my peeps! :)

It's official - Blanket is a historical place in Texas. This was one of the highlights of my day and brought a smile to my face!

No comments: