I will start off by saying that I am becoming more enamored by cute little old Texan towns by the day....this fact SHOCKS my mother since I have always prided myself on being 100% city girl. hahaha But because of several factors, the year 2011 has been (and continues to be) a very stressful one and I have discovered that getting out of the city and experiencing a complete change of scenery relieves that stress on the weekends - HURRAY!
So, without further adieu.........here are some sights from a daytrip out west of Fort Worth that Jenks and I took recently.....
Good 'ol Erath county - apparently it's the #1 dairy county in Texas (at least it was when the sign was made in 1972!).

Their courthouse didn't disappoint either - it was beautiful! I think that's limestone and something else. LOVE IT.

This was the view inside one of the courthouse windows....I would SO love to work in a historic, unique building like this.....

And I loved their patriotism......

The buildings are just so unique, beautiful, and have SO MUCH character! I absolutely am obsessed with turrets - I want one on my dream home someday!

WOW - Ben Franklin stores - do they still exist anywhere? haha

And what I have come to realize as a Texan staple - a confederate memorial.

Stephenville was about as far west as we went on this daytrip - we were in the car for about 12 hours or so!

Look at this cute building with the cool little balcony above the entrance!

This was my absolute favorite building on the whole trip - the cool limestone, the turret, the columns, the curved window and doorway, the cool second level - everything! Wouldn't it be fun to gut the inside and make this into a house???

Gotta love this - they KEPT GOD in the Pledge!

Here's the 'rumored' hanging tree outside the little old courthouse in Comanche, Texas. The caretaker was there when we were - to lock things up for the evening - and he said that the 'hanging tree' story is just folklore......but that he wasn't sure if it was true or not....

Talk about old-school construction - look at this little building! Cement in between logs. Weird!

Here's the inside....

I loved the seatless chairs outside on the porch. HAHAHA

We found this cool castle-like building in another small town - the Firearms Museum of Texas. Really, I think most Texans have one of those in their gun cases at home! :)

I'm sure this building wasn't originally built to be the museum, but it is now. It seriously looks like an amazingly cool castle!

Too bad it was closed on the day we were there - I would want to go in just to see the architecture! I don't care about the firearms, just the building. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment