.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, August 15, 2011

Love Me Some Jefferson!

Well I've done it, folks....I have found the CUTEST little town in Texas! Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: Jefferson, Texas!

Jenks and I were driving around East Texas and just happened upon this gem of a town and I fell in love with it! It all started with this restored mini gas station on the edge of town.......

It is now a motorcycle supply/apparel store....this metal motorcycle was AWESOME.

Everything was so neat and vintage! I just HAD to jump out of the car and take pictures - even though it was about 105 degrees!

What a cool bike!

This was definitely one of the coolest little buildings I have ever seen.....

My goal is to come back to Jefferson for a long weekend so I can soak it all in - and to see this sign lit up on the bridge at night.....

Jefferson is very close to the Louisiana border, so you have bayous there. So cool! This little road trip included a short 1-hour stint across the Louisiana border, so that's new territory for me. But in Jefferson, you can take a boat tour of the bayou!

We didn't go in this restaurant, but it's definitely on the list for when I go back......

The big sign says that it has the best homemade pies in East Texas and then the smaller sign by the door said that it was voted the best hamburger in East Texas as well - gotta check that out!

Even though it's faded, this was a pretty cool mural on the side of a brick building....."The Golden Era."

We were just passing through, so we didn't have time to do any of the fun things there, but this is one of them - a horse-drawn covered wagon tour of the area!

Poor sweet babies were so hot in the sun!

This looks like the coolest bar! I might perhaps partake of a few beverages there....... :)

This is a train that you can ride around the area and check out the sights....yes, please.

And how about this building?? I was thinking that it was the courthouse, but for some reason, I think I remember it being something else now. I guess I'll just have to go back and check on that....you don't have to twist my arm!

Seriously, this was the cutest, quaintest, most charming little town I have ever seen! They even still have one of those old-time general stores as well. I'm going to head back there this fall for a long weekend.....I can't wait!



No comments: