.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Exploring MORE Of The East

We saw a few more towns during our road trip in east Texas.......but this next one was NOT what I had expected to see: DETROIT, Texas!

Here's the little main street - and they called Detroit "The Little Motor City." Too funny.

I wish this cute little mercantile had been open when we were there......

Seriously, could not believe it.........

I love how the camera caught "Pride's Corner" in the background of Old Glory. :)

Look at this beautiful turret! I want one so bad......

These row buildings remind of me college in Eau Claire, Wisconsin - on Water Street. They are all connected together, but have different styles and looks to them.

Welcome to Clarksville, Texas!

This courthouse was cool on the bottom, but what I really loved was the top part....

Isn't it beautiful?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the detail in the architecture, the star in the window and the little black 'fence' around everything.

SO FREAKING CUTE!

And then we found this old church that was converted into a music hall....."Music Country U.S.A"

Ummmm...yes, please! I would've loved to have been there for a show.....I might just have to go back.......

This is my kind of thing - unique, small venue for some Texas country music!

Poor old State Theater....

Hell yeah!

Now we hit the Arkansas border with Texas.....Texarkana, we have arrived.

And when we told the GPS to go to the "city center".........this is where it took us! Ummm....nope, not the city center we were looking for.....

But now THIS beauty....I'll sit and look at this one for hours!

Now this is a doorway with some character, if I do say so myself.....

Crossing the border into Louisiana! I have never been there before, so now I can officially add it to my list......even though we were only there for about an hour or so and didn't see much - just the corner tip of the state. I need to go back and see a plantation and all of the culture in the bayou!

And the first town we hit in Louisiana was Ida - here is the old jail! Too funny!

No comments: