.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

East Texas Oddities

On ANY roadtrip around Texas, you will find weird & unique things......and on this east Texas adventure, we were not disappointed!

Here are the "outtakes"......

I loved this "Whoa" sign that was right by an old railroad track.

Can we say HOLY CRAP??? That's an OLD Dr. Pepper machine! I found this one in my new favorite little town - Jefferson, TX.

A pretty sweet car that was for sale in someone's front yard in one of the little towns.....

Holy crap - a Piggly Wiggly! I don't think I have EVER seen one!!

We came across a very weird sight - a tractor graveyard!

It was the strangest thing - like they all just met there for a rusted tractor convention or something.

There were SO MANY of them!

And right near the tractor cemetery was the airplane cemetery! Look at this big plane that was just next to a rundown building in the middle of nowhere!

And when we drove behind the building, this is what we found - more dead planes....

This must be where they all go to die..........lol

And not to leave any type of vehicle out......here's an awesome old fire truck!

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this - just to make everyone depressed......can you believe gas was this cheap?! I remember when it was 99 cents a gallon!


1 comment:

Michelle Benson said...

We used to have a Piggly
Wiggly in my home town of Winona many many years ago. I even remember them having S&H green stamps too. The things you remember from your childhood....