.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Exploring the EAST

Another day, another road trip! This time it was out east of DFW - in northeast Texas. This one was a long one, and probably my favorite so far. Here's the view as we started out:

Here's the map that showed us where to meander in between all of the cool small towns.....We went north from Dallas to Sherman, then east through Paris, over to the Arkansas border (in Texarkana) and then down into the corner of Louisiana (my first time there!) and then back west to Dallas. Whew!

Here is my view for most of the trip - manning the passenger seat with the map, admiring the tiny towns and open spaces....

First stop: Main Street, USA!

Look at this freaking fantastic building we saw!!

Me and these corner buildings - they are so amazing and I could ogle over them all day. Just so awesome.

Such a cute little bakery!

And a not-so-cute old downtown - so sad to me.......they just need some revitalization dollars and then they should make it all vintage!

Look at the top of this building - I just wish I could go back in time and live when those buildings were new and all majestic-looking....oh wait, they didn't have cell phones and DVRs then........ :)

Isn't this the cutest little town name: Honey Grove???

Everything there was so adorable......

Here's the City Hall.....

And a big 'ol church.....but is that a wreath on the door??? In July???

We stopped at an old train depot just outside of Paris, Texas and I got this pic...

Could the Paris, Texas logo/theme be any cuter?! An Eiffel Tower with a cowboy hat on the top!

Or an Eiffel Tower *slash* oil rig!

Such a cute area around the town square.....but I honestly thought Paris was bigger than this....

Yes, please!

It would've been fun to see a show at this old theater...

This is a pretty intricate fire escape....

Another awesomely amazing corner building!

No comments: