.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, September 18, 2008

We had joy, we had fun, we had 'Seasons in the Sun'...

September is more than half over and I finally realized that it was time to put up my fall decorations! Normally in the north, I would have them out starting on Labor Day weekend, but I guess since it has been hot through September, it just didn't occur to me that it was autumn already! So, I dragged out the totes of pumpkins, acorns and other decorations and had a blast putting them all over my house. It was kind of a fun new adventure since this is a new place and I had to find all new locations for my fabulous pumpkins that I love so much. Fall is my FAVORITE season for a number of reasons:

**warm days, cool nights

**pretty harvest moons

**the smell of dry leaves and fireplaces

**apple orchards

**pretty red/orange/yellow leaves on trees

**carving pumpkins

**Halloween decorations

**fond memories of my Dad taking Kristi and I Trick-or-Treating with our plastic pumpkins

**football on lazy Sunday afternoons
**apple cider with a cinnamon stick in it

**Mom making wild rice soup (I still cannot get it to taste exactly like she makes it....)

**lots of school supplies at Target (I know, I'm a nerd, but I love office/school supplies)

**getting out your favorite sweaters and blankets as it gets cooler

**corn mazes & hayrides

**haunted houses

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fall is also my favorite season, I love the crisp air and the sense of rest the season brings. We need to see the fall decorations pictures!

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year - cool nights are great sleeping weather - those blankets tucked up under your chin. I put my firts fall doecoration out last week and need to get the rest out this weekend. The only thing I didn't like about fall was that my birthday cake always had witches on it and was always black & orange. Can we see some pictures of your decorating??

Shooter

Anonymous said...

I enjoy fall as well...so what was the color scheme for your fall decorations? I went with the typical orange, brown and gold colors. Have a great day!
Stacie

Anonymous said...

So I'm not the only one that walks through the school supplies aisle when I need absolutely nothing...I love the part in You've Got Mail when Meg Ryan is talking about a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils. Truly...is there anything better than that? Hmmm...what's your home address, Lauri? :)

Abby