.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Puppy Love

I just finished reading Marley & Me - a book about a guy and his dog. He describes life with his furry friend from the time he and his wife got Marley as a little puppy until the time when they have to say goodbye. Oh man, I have been sobbing for about a half hour now. I haven't cried this hard since I was going through my divorce several years ago. It is just absolutely heartbreaking how he describes the end-of-life stage. Ugh.........

Has anyone else read this book??? Did anyone else cry loud and hard at this one like I did???

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I read it and I knew Marly's outcome so I had to read the end of the book first to get my anxiety and crying out of my system. Right now I am reading, Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl. This story is the avian version of Marly and Me, I read the end first and cried.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! I am totally with you on this one, I literally was sobbing in the back seat on a car ride to ND. Red-eyed, snotty nosed, five kleenexes crying. I just kept thinking about my dogs and how sad that day will be when mine will die or have to be put to sleep. My co-worker just lost a dog because it's stomach turned too, so I told her not to read this book, at least not yet! So yeah, I agree, and may not be able to see the movie in the theater when it comes out, cause I will probably make a total fool of myself. May have to just wait to rent it and cry to myself.... Allison

Anonymous said...

I thought I heard that they are making this into a movie. Maybe I should read the book first before I start sobbing in a movie theater.

Iris Took said...

I feel bad! I have not read this book, but knowing you, and reading others comments, I know this book would make you laugh and cry.

Oh Lauri, you and your weiner!

Anonymous said...

Long ago, I had gotten a similar book about a cat and it's owner (sorry...cat person). I'm with you, I cried so much. I haven't picked it up in a while. Lindsay...this might be a renter since you know I'm the emotional one these days. :) (unless you get free tickets...)

Abby

Iris Took said...

Movie comes out December 2008 starring Jennifer Anniston and Owen Wilson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0822832/