Today I realized that good intentions are just that - intentions. Innocently, I thought I would give Maggie a treat and take her to the dog park near my house in Grand Prairie. It's a fabulous park with poo poo bags, water stations and separate areas for small dogs and big dogs. I was very impressed with the park, which is relatively new and it's only about 5 minutes from my house! So I walked Maggie in and unleashed her. There were only 2 other dogs in the small dog area and I thought she might be able to play with them.Well, within a minute or two, it became apparent that one of the other dogs was a male and he was quite smitten with my little Maggie. He rushed up to her, they sniffed each other like normal and then he got up behind her and began the 'humpty dance' - just totally going to town! I don't think that this 'new friendship' was 'consumated', but it all happened so fast! I'm very glad that Maggie is spayed so at least I don't have to worry about that aspect. I was just shocked! I guess I'm just not used to boy dogs and their way of showing dominance! The look on Maggie's face was one of despair and a little fear - poor thing!
So......I had her play in another area of the park for a while and then she walked to the gate, indicating she had had enough of this crazy canine swingers club!I felt really bad for her, so we stopped at McDonald's and shared a vanilla cone. Here are some pics of her waiting for the ice cream cone and then her nearly jumping through the window to get it from the drive-thru cashier!
2 comments:
Poor Maggie...I'm glad to hear that the experience was probably erased by a little ice cream. You planning on going back to the park? :) Abby
Poor Maggie Moo Moo!!! The reality is is that you were more traumatized then she was, since that is what both male and female dogs do to show dominance. Thank God human have evolved a bit, with my personality I would have thrown my back out with all the humping I would have done!!
"I'm in charge, I'm in Charge, whose your mommy"
Post a Comment