.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Protest!

Lately I haven't blogged (as my regular readers probably have noticed) because I am boycotting my own blog. This may seem weird, but I found that I was spending a lot of time writing it, uploading pictures, formatting it (and having fun with that, by the way) but most people who read it don't comment on it. I currently have over 3,200 hits on my blog since July and not that many comments. The reason I enjoy blogging is the interaction that I get from the comments from readers, who are almost all living very far away from me. It's an easy and fun way of staying connected, but I felt that it was one-sided and so I started up on Facebook to interact more. I would love to continue the blog, because I'm starting to meet people, explore and have lots of great things to blog about, but I really want the interaction with the readers...

Thoughts? I miss all of you terribly and I want to hear from you! :)

9 comments:

Traci said...

i visit often, but i'm guilty of not commenting. sometimes i just don't have anything to comment about (which is odd, since i always have an opinion! haha). i love reading about your texas stories and seeing the photos. keep blogging. even if you don't get a lot of comments. :)

God Moments said...

I stop in every day but I noticed no new comments, otherwise I would say something. What happened to my name under blogs I read or do you not read my blog? Boohoo

All Things Red said...

Hey Janis -

I do check your blog every day. It's still on my list - A Lesson A Day. You don't see it?

PS - the pic on your blog of Julia Child is kind of scary! But I like the tribute to Iris. :)

Anonymous said...

I visit all the time and comment. I don't want to see you go! I absolutely love hearing about your adventures.
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Actually I think I had temporary blindness

Anonymous said...

tsk, tsk darling you know we miss you and love you, don't take it personally that we don't comment all the time, we are just lazy fools who enjoy misery,lol just kidding, i promise to try to comment more often

Iris Took said...

IF YOU QUIT BLOGGING, I WILL COME DOWN THERE AND MAKE YOU LISTEN TO PEABO BRYSON ON REPEAT!

Anonymous said...

I usually visit the blog every day because I am living vicariously through you. Sorry about the no comments - I will try to do better. Looks like things are going well for you - you deserve it.

Shooter

Anonymous said...

Sorry...new house has kept we way out of the loop. Definitely look forward to your posts and your adventures. Please keep them coming!!! Did you see Brian started last week and again this week against Chicago? Yippee!

Abby