.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mother's Day in September

My heart has broken for two friends this week who are dealing with the loss of their Moms. One friend's Mom died of lung cancer this past Saturday (the funeral was today in Minneapolis) and one friend's Mom is still in the hospital struggling terribly with several life-threatening health problems, but has already lost the will to live and is declining in health very quickly. The end is approaching and my friend is just torn with many emotions.

I don't typically mention prayer requests on my blog, but maybe it's time to start. A woman's Mom is a very important person in her life and that is a terrible, very painful loss (I am still VERY lucky and fortunate to have my Mom, but I do know what it's like to lose a parent and it's devastating). I would just ask that you keep these two women in your prayers as they struggle, grieve and seek comfort during this tender time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please pass on my good thoughts and prayers to your friend's concerning their moms. I will keep them in my prayers.

Shooter