Well, I have graduated to a new level of home improvement skills - I installed 5 new light fixtures (wiring and everything!) all by myself!! I didn't get electrecuted or anything! Jeff (Teresa's husband) taught me how to do it when we put up a new chandelier together. Then the next day, I used my new skills and knowledge to do 5 other ones on my own! YES! These small victories give me the confidence to tackle new projects by myself. I also fixed a towel bar in my master bathroom too.
.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Let There Be Light!
Well, I have graduated to a new level of home improvement skills - I installed 5 new light fixtures (wiring and everything!) all by myself!! I didn't get electrecuted or anything! Jeff (Teresa's husband) taught me how to do it when we put up a new chandelier together. Then the next day, I used my new skills and knowledge to do 5 other ones on my own! YES! These small victories give me the confidence to tackle new projects by myself. I also fixed a towel bar in my master bathroom too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I did some stuff like that at my townhouse, and Scott refused to help until i touched the socket first to make sure that I didn't die. We did change some light fixtures by ourselves at our last house, but we stripped the wire on one trying to twist it into place, and had to have someone rewire it. That shouldn't surprise you, though.
You are awesome! Glad you didn't have to wait on a handyman to come to get that out of the way. What a handy woman you are, I am too nervous to do electric stuff!! I bet it looks great! Don't you think that just changing the light fixtures changes the whole look of a room? Allison
I totally agree, Allison! I love the light fixtures that I bought and every time I look at them, I'm so proud that I did it myself and didn't have to rely on anyone else to help!! Woohoo for girl power!
Post a Comment