On Saturday night, Mayce and I trekked up to Plano (a northern suburb of Dallas) for a hot air balloon festival that is an annual weekend-long event. It draws thousands of people and had activities and balloon launches all throughout the weekend. We just went for Saturday evening, which included a balloon launch at 6pm, then after that (in the dark) they did some displays of balloons glowing or "burning" as they call it. Then they had a Beatles tribute band perform on the stage (they were not very good), followed by fireworks.
We got into a terrible traffic jam getting there, so we basically sat on the highway and watched the balloon launch from the car, but it was neat to see the balloons lit up in the dark.
Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to take a RIDE in a hot air balloon! Has anyone been in one??
6 comments:
I am sure this will not surprise you but I have been in a balloon (and blimps) and was part of the balloon chase team. When balloons fly there is always a van that follows on the ground. It is so amazing you can hear everything and people on the ground can hear you when you are in the balloon. We would launch early morning it was so peaceful. You would love it!
You're right Janis, that doesn't surprise me at all! You have done everything on earth at least once. Maybe that'll be a new segment on my blog - I need to find some obscure activity to try that Janis hasn't already experimented with!! I miss all of your crazy stories!
PS - Yes, I would definitely love being part of a hot air balloon chase team!
Hi! Yes I was in one once and it was quite neat...even though you are really high it doesn't seem like it. -sent from the crackberry of Katie
I used to work on a balloon chase team. We would set the balloons up, chase them until they landed and tear them back down to transport home. On my 16th birthday I was able to ride in it for the first time. It was WAY fun and so relaxing! You should definitely try it sometime!
~Lottie
Never been in one, but I have always wanted to, especially since Police Academy 4.
Post a Comment