
On Saturday, I went to Irving (right next to our offices at work) to meet up with an Arlington single women group that was doing a "paint your own pottery" afternoon. I have always wanted to try this, but never got around to it. The place was called Arts Afire and you just pick out your piece of pottery and they supply all of the materials, paint, instruction, etc. Then when you're done painting it, they put it into the 'oven' (there's probably a technical term for the special oven) and you pick it up in a week. How fun!
I decided to paint a little circular pot with a cover that resembled a Christmas bulb/ornament. I suppose you could use it for candy or whatever. The hard part for me was that when you paint it, the shade is much lighter than it will be after the 'baking' of the pottery, so mine was pink and white instead of red and white (the pink will become a deep red once it's baked). I'm super excited to see the finished product! It was a really good time and I would totally try it again.
Have any of you tried this?
3 comments:
Did you see the episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 when they went to paint pottery? Scott and I were going to do it once since there is a little place a few blocks from our house. Maybe once we have the little one...
I did one back in high school. A lovely mug that actually turned out pretty good. I still have it. Abby
I have always wanted to! Looks fun!
Post a Comment