.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Friday, April 8, 2011

List Friday

I'm going to be super positive today and extend Thankful Thursday into List Friday.....

Top 10 Things I Love About My Life

1. I have 2 of the best dogs in the world! They bring me smiles, laughs, joy and stress relief. They really do keep my life in proper perspective.

2. I have a home that I love and that I am able to (for the most part) take care of by myself - a huge accomplishment and something I didn't know I was capable of.

3. I live in the great state of TEXAS - somewhere I wanted to be for a long 6 years before actually getting here. I truly believe I am supposed to be here - right here, right now. GREAT feeling.

4. I was given the gift of a great childhood and upbringing - stable, loving - with wonderful guidance along the way. This gave me such a great start to life.

5. The group of people I call friends are just magnificent people who have encouraged me, loved me, laughed with me, cried with me and supported me all throughout my life. Some have been for a reason, a season and some of them are 'lifers.' No matter which category they fall in, I am wildly thankful for ALL of them, for they are/were a huge part of who I am today.

6. I have the freedom to basically do whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want (as long as it's not hurting someone or illegal). That's a great feeling!

7. I know that my God has a plan for my life and as hard as it is for a Type-A'er like me, I try to take the passenger seat in my life and give God the steering wheel and gas pedal. It's a constant struggle, but there is such peace when I am just willing to ride shotgun!

8. I don't really have too many regrets (and none of them are major). My goal is to live a life with a clear conscience - treating others how I would want to be treated, ya know - the Golden Rule thing. I am definitely not perfect and I definitely make mistakes and bad judgement calls, but in general, I try to live a drama-free life and take opportunities when they present themselves.

9. I am easily amused and entertained. I really don't need a ton of showy stuff in my life - I'm cool with my 1,600 sq. ft. house and my average car. I don't require super fancy things to be happy. Now, who doesn't love nice things, of course, but what I'm saying is that I don't put my self-worth or happiness in those flashy, shiny objects. I am grateful that I turned out that way, because it must be such an empty feeling to be chasing happiness in the next sports car. I'm just as happy in finding extraordinary things in average places.

10. I love learning - and this world (and Texas) are SO BIG that I will never run out of things to learn! Whether it's sewing, kayaking, traveling, history, science - whatever. I am intrigued by a lot of things that others would think are boring or stupid.

No comments: