The grounds were just beautiful - perfectly manicured!
.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Monday, April 11, 2011
Dallas Blooms
During my Mom's visit this past weekend, I took her to the Dallas Arboretum for "Dallas Blooms." She is an avid gardener and flower person, so I knew it would be right up her alley.
The grounds were just beautiful - perfectly manicured!
And one of my very favorite types of trees were all over the place - crape myrtles. Here's a huge one:
They had a little area for the kids to explore - Texas Pioneer Adventure. I wanted to go in, but they were only letting field trip kids (of which there were a billion) in....dang it!
I just couldn't believe how well cared for everything was - the grass was insanely perfect!
This is the Crape Myrtle Alley - my FAV part of the arboretum. They lined it with pumpkins in the fall. It's just spectacular.
Here's Mom in Crape Myrtle Alley...
And of course, we found some fountains - I am obsessed with fountains! These were 4 frogs that were basically having a spitting contest!
What IS it about moving water that is so mesmerizing?!

Here's Mom and the frog...
Everything was pretty lush, despite the lack of rain - we are SO in a drought this spring....

This is the 'poetry garden' or something like that. I loved it - it reminds me of Shakespeare and Romeo & Juliet or one of those stories. SO PRETTY.

More water features - YAY!
When we first got there, they had about 50 workers in this area, planting all of the flowers here. When we were getting ready to leave, they were already done!!
It was out of a storybook fairytale!

Very peaceful......
And amongst the beauty, there were many John Deere tractors and workers keeping this place 'in bloom'!
The grounds were just beautiful - perfectly manicured!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment