The jockeys apparently can only be like 125 pounds - and they are so short and tiny!
.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Jockeying For Position - Literally
At Lone Star Park, we got to see not only the horse racing, but I was also intrigued by the jockeys. For whatever reason, I loved to go to the ring in the back in between races to see the horses and jockeys just hanging out - up close.
The jockeys apparently can only be like 125 pounds - and they are so short and tiny!
A lot of them looked like they are probably from other countries, but I just couldn't get over how tiny they were!
We stood by the fence as the jockeys mounted their horses and headed back to the track for the next race....
I wonder what the little bump on the top of their helmets is for?? A camera?
I was wondering who all of the 'plain clothes' people were out there with the jockeys...maybe the owners?? I think Big Tex is headed to talk to the jockey in red!
And here they are, deep in conversation......
For whatever reason, I felt like taking a ton of pictures of these mysterious little people!
I'm going to have to say 'nix' on this jockey's purple/teal outfit.....
I dubbed this one the 'bumble bee' jockey - he did NOT do well on the track, though.
Jockeys have to stretch out those legs!
This guy looks READY TO GO!
And after the horse racing, the Randy Rogers Band played. I love their music.....
This was the opener band on a smaller stage. Good stuff.
This guy had a pretty sweet bass. That's a bass, right??
This was the lead singer in the band - and his guitar is a big state of Texas!
I freaking love the guitar! I want one - just to hang on my wall, even though I don't even play!
And here's the main stage - it got SO PACKED later. It was kind of claustrophobic if you ask me, but good music all around. :)
The jockeys apparently can only be like 125 pounds - and they are so short and tiny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment