.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Friday, April 30, 2010

Oranges Galore!

On our last full day in Florida, we decided to go visit an orange grove - after all, we WERE in FLORIDA! Shauna left on Monday, so it was just the 4 of us left - didn't feel the same, but we still had fun.

We got a little turned around on the drive out there (my GPS, Amanda, was a little confused.....), but we finally found it and it was so cute! Here's Renee, Claire and Allison.....

Tons and tons of citrus!

In addition to the obvious oranges, apparently they like alligators too - here's Allison with her 'new friend'.....

And you could buy an alligator head/mouth.....ummmmmm - NO.

This place was just like stepping back in time - a super cute country store!

Unfortunately, it was raining when we were out there, so we didn't venture out into the groves. We just hung out in the store and checked everything out.

They had about a kajillion kinds of jams, salsas, marmelades, honey, etc.

Ummmmm........no thanks - I'll pass on the frozen alligator meat this time...........

I just had to get a picture of this sign - funny!

I felt like I went back about 40-50 years - everything was so quaint and cute!!

And here's the orange that I bought - it was perfect!

Ummmm....OK - that's awesome.

I loved this sign. It's about time that tourists got equal treatment! HAHA!

No comments: