One day about two weeks ago, I walked past my shrubs and noticed that there was a ton of new growth and they are getting taller - YES!!
.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Spring Has Sprung!
Well, it is officially springtime at my house!
One day about two weeks ago, I walked past my shrubs and noticed that there was a ton of new growth and they are getting taller - YES!!
And now that it's getting up in the 70's and 80's, I thought it was the perfect time to switch out my heavy red comforter for my new quilt that Kristi sent me at Christmas time. It matches my bedroom perfectly and I absolutely LOVE it! I'm now obsessed with quilts now!
So, with it being spring, that means that I need to get outside and take care of my yard/shrubs for the season. I made a trip to Calloway's Nursery (If you are in DFW - check them out. They are FABULOUS, helpful, and they have a great selection - they even help you carry everything out to your car!). I got 2 wave petunias and a "Wandering Jew" hanging plant.
Here are my new purchases - taking up the whole backseat! The trunk was filled with my purchases from Lowe's - mulch, grass seed, potting soil, more weed killer, etc.
Alright - time to go to work!
One of my wave petunias went in a hanging basket on my back porch/patio.
The other one got planted in my big pot from Mexico - they look beautiful!
And here's Maggie, pretending she helped or something - errrrrrr......NOT. She actually just got a bunch of dirt on herself because she was too curious for her own good!
And here's the backyard so far - slowly I am sprucing up the boring backyard and patio......I still love my icicle lights that are very cool at night in the summer.
At Lowe's, I also got another house plant - isn't it pretty?
And I did a LOT of work on the front - cleaned out the shrubs area by picking out all the leaves and weeding it. Then I laid down 2 big bags of new mulch in there. It looked fantastic after all that work!

And here's my new "Wandering Jew" plant - what a weird name for a pretty purple plant!
I am going to have to work very hard to remember and water all of these living creatures. I don't have a natural green thumb - I have to put these tasks in my planner or I forget!
Gotta love all that new growth on the hollies!
One day about two weeks ago, I walked past my shrubs and noticed that there was a ton of new growth and they are getting taller - YES!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Look at you Miss Green Thumb! I am waiting and not very patiently to get my hands into the dirt here. I have all these ideas of plants and it is still a little early though.
I know the post was about the plants, but I do really love the quilt. I so contemplate buying cool quilts, but then they would just get full of cat hair (and whatever they decide to throw up on the bed), so I'll wait a few years.
I just recently discovered your blog and am so glad I did. What a sweet post! Keep on posting.
Post a Comment