.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Friday, April 9, 2010

NYC Randomness

On this trip, we were supposed to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but with weather/scheduling problems, we couldn't go, but we went to The American Museum of Natural History instead - and it was right across the street from Central Park, which was pretty cool.

All of us were just thinking of the Ben Stiller movie "Night at the Museum". Loved it!

Here's the lobby - very very pretty...

I just kept staring at these little miniature scenes in the displays and wanted them to come to life like in the movie!

I wanted this guy to 'wake up' and bust out of the case and chase an eskimo or Roman soldier or something!

Really beautiful architecture and super cool dinosaurs.....

And of course, here's Teddy Roosevelt on his horse outside!

And a trip to NYC wouldn't be complete without a stop at Macy's!

Unfortunately, we ate at the deli in the lower level and my salad was $17! It was good, but not THAT good! Whew!

Looks the same as any Macy's in a mall - nothing special, just the idea that you are in Macy's in NEW YORK.

And here's the view from the bus driving in from New Jersey to Manhattan each day...

And then we would go through a tunnel - which was actually us going under/through the Hudson River!! Crazy!

This trip was one of the VERY BEST trips I have ever taken (except for Europe, but that was a 5-month "trip"). We saw and did SO MUCH and had a blast!

No comments: