.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

1. Random compliments

Not much I can add to this one - plain and simple, unexpected compliments feel FANTASTIC! The best ones are when you are least expecting them and maybe even feeling un-complimentable!

2. The smell of the garden center at Lowe's

In the past month, I have made several trips to Lowe's for all kinds of plants, supplies, mulch, soil, etc. I know there are a lot of chemicals in the garden center (and I use some of them! weed control, etc.), but there's just something about the smell out there - wood chips, flowers, just the 'smell of spring'!!

3. Trying something outside of your comfort zone.....and liking it!


This one definitely applies to me because I live a good part of my life 'in the zone' - the COMFORT zone, that is. But for a variety of reasons and causes over the years, I have found myself outside of that zone from time to time.....and while it's very uncomfortable in those moments/days/months/years, it is almost always a rewarding experience filled with growth, learning and insight.

4. Personalized gifts

Recently, my friend Erin gave me my birthday present (yes, my birthday is STILL in August) - long story on the birthday thing, but I digress. It was a zippered lunch bag/cooler that was red with a cool pattern on it and then had my first name embroidered in black on it. It was SO FREAKING CUTE and the colors match exactly to my kitchen at home!

I will post pics of it soon - such a NEAT idea. It's stylish, useful and perfect-sized.

5. Warm towels out of the dryer

OK, I don't think I know anyone who doesn't like fresh towels right out of the dryer - especially in the cold winter. My dog even loves when I do laundry because as soon as I set the pile of warm bedding/towels down to sort it, she plops her little 10-pound self right in the middle of the pile and curls up for a nap in the warmth.

Sometimes she even looks so comfy that I'll just go do something else until the laundry cools off - letting her enjoy the warm blankets/towels, just to be nice.

No comments: