.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Senate Chambers

And just the opposite of yesterday, here is the Senate Chamber of Texas! It was beautiful and I actually liked it better than the House of Representatives.

Look - even the door hinges are personalized for the Capitol!

And here is the majestic Senate Chamber of Texas....

It seemed much more spacious and less crowded.

Once again - I loved seeing "In God We Trust"....

Here I am - soaking up the Senate!

The head of the room looked very White House-y.....

The desks were very traditional and each Senate member had their name on a plate on the back of their chair - cool! Oh, and notice the black phones on the left side of each desk....I'm not sure who's calling them during session, but they each have a phone!

Here's a close-up.....

I love the engraving on the podium - a very nice touch.

And these chairs were along the side window - with holes poked in them so the light shines through to show the design - so neat!

And just like the House, the Senate has a gallery up on the second level - for guests??

Here's the Senate Gallery up top....

I was just in awe of how beautiful and traditional it looked - and so well cared for.

I saw this under the desks - a Bill Box, personalized for each Senator. I hope they are reading them!!

It's located underneath their individual desks.

There was a service dog on our tour - what a cute pup, being very respectful in the Senate Chamber!

No comments: