.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Keepin' Austin Weird

And in keeping with tradition, I always have a post about every trip that includes oddities and outtakes.....and this one was no different!

When we walked around UT, we saw this huge area that had a bunch of trees with knitted/crocheted 'socks' over them. They were all multi-colored and very weird! We never found out why they were there, but it was fun looking at them!

Very pretty, but a very odd project to do.......

Since I am also obsessed with moving water and fountains, I LOVED this shot of a cool fountain with the football stadium in the background!

It was kind of an 'open house' weekend for the University of Texas, so there were TONS of people milling around the campus. It was quite packed, in fact. I loved their cool trees that lined the streets.....

And we missed the South by Southwest festival by a couple weeks - probably a good thing since that is a BIG deal around here and it would've been packed! But I would like to check it out someday.....

Next week, I will post about the Capitol tour!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree - the tree thing is a little odd