.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pillow Talk

Last week, I took another sewing class and this time we made a throw pillow! The first class I took was on a Sunday afternoon and JoAnn Fabrics was a MADHOUSE. The class was too big for a beginner sewing group and the store was loud and crazy. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it and my messenger bag was a success.

This time, I registered for the Thursday evening class for Sewing 102 and I was the only one in the class! YAY! I basically got 1-on-1 sewing lessons! I loved the teacher and we had some great conversations while she taught me MANY things on my sewing machine.

Well, here's my finished throw pillow for my yellow/blue guest room:

And she even had me modify the pattern so that we could do the back as a pocket (so you can take the actual pillow out and clean the cover, or just switch out the covers for seasons). GREAT idea.

Here's the fantastic pillow and my sewing machine in the classroom when I was finished.

I think it matches GREAT and I love the little splash of color that it adds to the room!

I hope my next guest enjoys my new pillow as much as I do! (Oh, and my Mom will probably be my next guest - in April - so I hope she approves of my sewing skills, since she is a master at sewing!)

I can't wait for the next class!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! I am so jealous of your sewing skills! I have the machine and don't know now to use it. I want to start so that I can make curtains. Of all the things in the world to sew - I want to make curtains.