.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Thankful Thursday
This week, I am once again tremendously thankful that my decision to get another dog really worked out well. It could've gone either way and I am sooooo very thankful that God matched Maggie and I up with just the right little pup to join our family.
Owen started out rocky (lots of accidents, lots of mud, not listening, barking a lot, skittish around new people, etc.), but after 3 months, he is behaving SO much better. There are hardly any accidents anymore, no more mud digging (thanks to the mulch I laid down!), he's not really barking anymore because of the bark collar I got (they really do work!), and he has warmed up to everyone that has come over (even Foster - Todd's dog). He is a cuddler - LOVES to be petted, held, scratched, rubbed and kissed. *Heaven!*
Now, Owen is definitely not perfect......after all, he IS a 1-year-old puppy (and a BOY), so he's going to be more rambunctious and high-energy for a while. Maggie was a naughty spaz for several years too when she was a pup. So when he's getting crazy, I have to remember that I cannot compare the dogs too much because Maggie is 7 and Owen is just 1 - VERY different in dog behavior stages!
At any rate, I absolutely adore Owen and I think Maggie does too (he really does bring out the playful side of her - and keeps her young!). They are two peas in a pod, for sure. When one flies out the doggy door, the other one is right there behind them. They take naps in a little pile (without any prompting from me) and they love to chase each other around the house and wrestle. Success!
That's exactly what I hoped would happen. I'm SO grateful that we found the right fit for our little family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment