.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, March 14, 2011

Classic Movie Night

Recently, I went back in history by going to a classic movie night at The Old Bedford School (in Bedford, TX - a suburb between where I live and where I work). It is a 2-story old brick building that used to be a school house and is now turned into a multi-purpose building that hosts weddings, musical performances, movies, etc.

Here are some stock photos from the internet of the school during the day:

Here is a pic of what it looked like in the early part of the 20th century:

Here's a little bit later:

And then a huge fire ravaged the building.....

Here it is in terrible disrepair.....

But....now it has been restored and is more beautiful than ever! I went with my co-worker Judy and her husband to see The Quiet Man with John Wayne on classic movie night.

The theater is absolutely beautiful and the woodwork is gorgeous! They even have a popcorn machine so you can have the whole movie experience. They play old classic movies on the first Friday night of the month and it's only $5! Free parking, no hassle and you get to see old movies on a big screen with the whole ambiance!

In the hallway, they have all of the old pictures of what the school looked like through the years. It was so interesting! (I'm such a history geek - I admit it...)

Here's 'the big screen'! This was my first John Wayne movie....

Even the seats are old fashioned. They truly did a remarkable job restoring this neat old schoolhouse.

This is one of the re-created schoolhouse classrooms downstairs. VERY COOL.

And here are my dates for the night - Judy and Danny! They loved the movie and the experience even more than I did. I think we're going to go to more movies here together!

Oh, and they also do free live music on Thursdays all throughout the spring on the front lawn - I'm going to go check that out!

No comments: