.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Turtles Galore!

Another new thing that we tried was a trip to Sea Turtle Inc. It's on the main drag on the island and it's a rescue/non-profit that studies and helps sea turtles. We meant to go to this place last year, but it never happened.

It was so cool to learn about all of the kinds of sea turtles and how they lay their eggs, migrate, etc.

This one was just rescued and they said it's in "intensive care" - very sick, but making progress. Poor turtle!!

Here's a rescued tiny baby sea turtle who had damage to one of its flippers.....

They were beautiful and they actually were playing with a toy and swimming around acting crazy with each other. Super cool!

This variety is very endangered because of its 'tortoise shell' appearance (poachers in Mexico), and it's unique because it has a hawk bill for a nose!

This one was coming up for air - making bubbles!

Here's Mom and Daryl outside the restaurant where we ate lunch - so pretty!

And here is my Mom and I. You can kind of see the causeway in the background - the road that takes you from mainland Texas out to the island.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

They're so cute! I love them! *duh*