.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Here we go!

1. Flash Drives - I just love these things! I have 3 of them and I'll be moving on to my 4th by summer or so. I have lived through a computer crashing several times and I ended up losing pictures and other documents - so NEVER AGAIN!

I keep all of my pictures on my computer as well as a flash drive, so they are portable AND there's virtually no chance I would ever lose them. Flash drives are compact, hold a LOT and are easy to travel with or stow away for backup! LOVE THEM!!

2. Unexpected hugs right when you need one - There's just nothing better than a hug RIGHT when you need one. And I personally think God knows just when I need one and provides a 'hugger'.

My friend Barbara at work is great with hugs and sometimes it is just what you need on a bad day. Such a simple thing can really brighten your spirits.

3. Finding out that something you thought was one price is actually a LOWER price once the cashier rings it up! - This happened to me the other day when buying a pair of sandals at Ross. They were mysteriously on sale and there was no indication of this on the tag! When the cashier scanned them, the price was about 25% less than what I thought it was going to be and I was a happy girl!

It's weird because I was happy about finding the pair of shoes and the price was really good, so I was pleased anyway, but then that little surprise discount just made me so giddy. I guess it's the little things!

4. Full-Service car washes for $5.49! - There's a place called Colonial Car Wash by my house and it looks kind of dumpy, but it's actually a GREAT car wash. I can get right in with no wait, and because they have coupons on their website (and they give you more every time you go), I can get a full-service car wash for $5.49!! WHAT?!

And this is NOT just the outside.....it includes vacuuming out your car's inside, washing all of the windows on the inside by hand, wiping down your dash/steering wheel/gear shifter/console, etc. It looks like it came off of the showroom floor! They wipe down the outside of the car with towels and clean off your hubcaps, etc. It's absolutely shining inside and out when they are done and it's only $5.49 and close to my house!

They even have a 24-hour "Rain Policy" - if it rains within 24 hours of the car being washed, you can come back for a free exterior wash!

5. Banking at the ATM and online - I can't even remember the last time I stepped foot in a bank! I love that you can do all of your banking either online or at an ATM! It still amazes me that you can pay bills online, make check deposits at an ATM - and now you can just slip the check in the slot and it scans it immediately and prints out the receipt with an image of the check and knows/deposits the correct amount in your account - no envelopes or entering a million numbers into the keypad. LOVE IT!

I also love online banking - transferring money around, paying bills, etc. It's just one of those things we are all used to now, but man, is it ever nice to have that convenience!

2 comments:

Iris Took said...

And we DO care about big giant hugs!

That car wash place sounds INCREDIBLE!

I think it is so hilarious that banking is one of your thankful things. You love banking!

Anonymous said...

Ross Dress for Less!! Wish I had one here :-(

Renee