.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sky High

The other day, my Mom sent me an email with pictures of the following roller coaster. It looked pretty wild and I was thinking that I would love to ride it.....until I realized that it was Top Thrill Dragster from Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio!


Too late, Mom, I've ALREADY RIDDEN IT!! It is absolutely nuts!


And under all that snow is LAKE ERIE, so it's even scarier at the top of the roller coasters there, because all you see is a huge massive Great Lake below you!

When you get on the ride, it stops you at a sort of 'docking station' and then with NO warning, it shoots you straight forward at like 120 miles an hour INSTANTLY. That is necessary in order to get you to the top of that squiggly beast and get over the hump at the top!

I was in line for it on a rainy day and apparently it's normal for it to not make it over the hump sometimes and when that happens, you just **almost** make it over, and then slump back down the twirly coaster. They put your car back at the docking station and start over!

Every time I've ridden it, it has gone over on the first try. What an exhilerating ride!


OK, I think that this picture is photoshopped, but it was part of the humor of the email that my Mom sent. For the record, I did not wet myself when I rode it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HaHa, too funny! That picture cracks me up!

Renee