1. Doggy Doors - BEST INVENTION EVER. I thought of this one this week because just last night, when I was drifting off to sleep, Maggie decided to get out of bed and jump down her little step and run downstairs and outside (through her doggy door) for a potty break before going to bed.
I didn't have to get up, stand outside with her in the cold, nothing. She just let herself out, spent as much time out there as she wanted/needed and then came back in, got a drink of water and ran upstairs and jumped back into bed. PERFECTION!!!2. My GPS....named Amanda. I have had my TomTom for about a year and a half now and I love it! It was worth every penny I paid for it After you've lived somewhere for a while, you take things for granted - like where the grocery store is, where a post office is, where ANYTHING is and how to get there.
When I moved down to Texas, I was using Mapquest to get everywhere, but after a couple months, I broke down and got a GPS and it has been SO WONDERFUL! Amanda takes me wherever I need to go and tells me when to turn and what lane to be in.....and then when it's time to go home, I just hit the HOME button and she takes me back to my house! LOVE IT - SO WORTH IT.3. A new product that blows you away - in this case, a new mascara from AVON which I have found to be AMAZING. It seems like every mascara I buy makes my lashes clump together - so annoying. But I found this new one from AVON that is perfect! It doesn't have long bristles, so I thought it would be terrible, but apparently that is the trick to great lashes that are split apart perfectly!
I just LOVE finding a new great product! (However, usually that product is discontinued when I go to buy more of it.....this has lead to me buying good products in massive bulk, for fear of the dreaded "discontinued" situation.).4. The first whiff of fresh cut grass in the spring. That first whiff was last week on my way to work. The landscaping crews were out in both Arlington (where I live) and Irving/Las Colinas (where I work), mowing, leaf blowing, etc.
Just that cut-grass smell that wafts in the car is AMAZING and reminds me of Dad, my childhood, and all kinds of good things. YAY for grass!5. The anticipation of something great that is right around the corner. What I am specifically referring to in this instance is my upcoming trip to New York City, or my trip to Orlando to see my college girlfriends in April. I love booking them really far out so that I have a TON of time to anticipate the event and enjoy the excitement.
I think it's really important to always have something fun on the horizon, something to look forward to, a reward to work towards, whatever. It is a motivator, it helps you get through a hard day, and just generally puts a skip in your step!
3 comments:
I love that mascara!
Our GPS has a porno chicks voice on it. She gets really excited when she arrives at the destination. Needless to say, the GPS is really Scott's.
For that purpose (and that her voice was REALLY bitchy), I changed it to the English male accent, Daniel. He is MUCH nicer.
Post a Comment