
2. Wheels on suitcases - Whoever invented the whole wheels on a suitcase thing is a freaking genius! Remember the suitcases when you were a kid and you had to just pick it up and lug it around?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE my luggage - one big suitcase and one smaller one and they have a connector thing so that I can hook them together and then pull them both in a stack with one handle. BRILLIANT and chiropractor-friendly!
3. Compatible travel companions - We have all gone on roadtrips that were super fun and everyone has a similar traveling style and a great time was had by all. And then there are the roadtrips where you want to kill people because they have travel habits that make you nuts!
I am so incredibly thankful that I had Jamie to travel through Europe with in college. We studied in Spain for a semester and we just happened to have great travel compatibility.You don't realize how important that is until you have a bad travel experience with someone you may otherwise really enjoy spending time with. I have come to the conclusion that there are just people you can travel with and people you CANNOT travel with. I am very thankful for the people I travel well with!
4. Getting a coupon in the mail for a store you needed to buy something at very soon! - I have become quite the deal girl - I love coupons and great deals. I will definitely go to a store when I have a "$15 off a purchase of $75" when I know I need some items from that store. I have taken advantage of many deals that just happen to arrive at the right moment.
I also have an Entertainment book (in Minneapolis, it's called a "Happenings" book) and I use those coupons all the time - by using 2 coupons out of that massive book, the whole book is already paid for. How could you not get one?? I just hate paying full price for things, when with a little effort and research, you can save a ton of money and still get the same good/service you wanted in the first place. I think it's pure laziness if you don't use those opportunities.5. The joy of helping someone else who really needs you - This one is kind of broad, but I just LOVE the feeling of truly helping someone out when they need it. I don't believe in accidents and I think God puts people in your life at specific times either so they can help you or so that you can help them.
I know that the friends I made in Ohio were handpicked by God - they were EXACTLY what I needed and I hope that I am that friend to someone else and that God handpicked me to help another person. Right now, I have several friends who are going through some health issues, marital issues and other struggles and it feels amazing to help out where you are needed. God truly blesses the giver as much or more than the recipient!
No comments:
Post a Comment