.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Birdseye View

One of the things we did on our trip was to go to the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at Rockefeller Center (we went up to the roof on the 69th floor) to get our birdseye view of NYC.

Normally, I would've expected that we would go to the Empire State Building, but Christina said that the wait can be up to 2 hours and she didn't want to waste a bunch of time doing that when the view is just as great from Rockefeller Center with no wait, basically.

She was right! Here's a birdseye view - with the Empire State Building straight ahead!

In this one, you can see part of Central Park and then the Hudson River (very near where Sully landed that plane!)...

It was pretty cloudy and started to rain just as our time up there was ending - just made it! And it was getting dark, so these pictures are kind of gloomy, but it was AMAZING to be up on top of the city!

In this one, you can see the crazy bright lights of Times Square...

There's that beautiful Empire State Building!

And here's Mayce and I above the city with the Empire State Building in the background. I actually am kind of glad we did the Top of the Rock site so that we could get pics of the Empire State Building - surely you can't do that when you're inside of it!

PS - I didn't realize how much taller than Mayce I really am until I saw this picture. I'm only 5'8" - I promise!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures!!

aya said...

Thank you for sharing NY and the beautiful pictures.

Been there many years ago. I still remember the impression the very wide streets had on me. It had me wonder why in the actual plan the city was designed to lay the streets so apart a distance. It sure did take us some walking to cross.

With a very basic camera at the time I definitely did not develop those very good clear results. The photos you upload are the best that I have seen posted. But, of-course it’s the talent; the camera is only the tool.

Is it possible to ask what kind of camera and lenses do you use?

I peep here often now for I like the humor as well. Keep the good blog up.

All Things Red said...

Thanks, Aya! I loved New York and I'm having a lot of fun with my blogging.

The camera that I use is a Panasonic Lumix - just a point-and-shoot camera. I play around with the settings (ISO, shutter speed, etc.), but it really is just a basic little camera. The settings can make a WORLD of difference when I'm taking pictures and I'm starting to love photography - I want to get a nicer camera soon so I can get more serious about picture taking.

Thanks for the compliments and for checking out my blog!

aya said...

Thanks for the camera info. When you buy a new one please tell us about your choice.

Loved the rest of NY's pictures.

You would do great taking photography serious. Thumbs up

Happy Easter