.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, March 22, 2010

New York, New York!

On March 11th, Mayce and I began our New York City adventure with a group of theater students from her brother's school where he teaches in San Antonio. Mayce's Mom and niece also came along. It was a total group of about 45 adults and students.

We had to be at the airport at 4am at the latest in order to get on the plane to Newark and start the whirlwind of a trip in the Big Apple!

It was totally worth the pain of getting up that early - basically getting about 2 hours of sleep on the floor at David's apartment since our flight to San Antonio the night before was delayed 2 hours and we didn't even get to his place until midnight! UGH!

After a good flight into Newark, NJ and checking into the hotel, we hit the ground running. All of our adventures over 4.5 days were spread out across Manhattan and were kind of random, so I tried to group the posts for this trip in a logical way, but they aren't necessarily in chronological order.

OK, here goes!

This first picture is from our bus - it's kind of blurry because it was raining. In fact, it was about 40-45 degrees and raining the WHOLE time we were there except the last morning before we went to the airport. Oh well - we rolled with it.

Here's Ed Sullivan Theater where the Late Show with David Letterman is taped:

Here's NBC studios - it was here that we saw a line around the block in the rain outside one of the days. We asked what they were filming and they said that it was auditions for The Biggest Loser.

Rockefeller Center!


Radio City Music Hall! This was across the street from the NBC studios....

Here's Rockefeller Plaza - right where Radio City Music Hall and NBC studios is:

Ha - 30 Rock!

And our tour guide, Christina, wasn't sure if the ice skating rink would still be up since it was the middle of March, but it was! People were still skating around - it was freezing! I wish they still had the Christmas tree up. I also didn't realize that it was down below street level.

1 comment:

LTL said...

I actually have skated there before. The skates a really dull, but it is fun to be able to check that off of the list of things to do one day.