.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Friday, November 13, 2009
Take A Hike!
Last weekend, Chris, TJ and I went hiking in Cedar Hill (south of Dallas). I thought it would be pretty tame since TJ is 4 years old and Chris had been there before, but I was a little alarmed to see this sign at the beginning of the trail!
There was a lot of pretty scenery and a ton of cool cactus!
Here are the boys heading down a trail....
Here's Chris at the top of a big cliff - there was an observation tower and I went up there and took some pictures...
View from the observation tower:
Here are Chris and I about halfway through the hike:
How many males does it take to figure out the right route? lol
Still going strong.......
We saw some tracks - I wonder what animal they belong to?? Probably not one of those poisonous snakes they warned us about.....
TJ was a trooper - he didn't slow down too much during the hike!
Actin' silly.....
These weird green 'orbs' were kinda cool and kinda disgusting.....the jury is still out.....

Enjoying a perfect fall day in Texas!
This was the coolest flower! I want to find out what it was and get a hanging pot full of it!!

Taking a few last minute pictures before the sun went down.....
We arrived back at the truck right when the sun was going down....heading back to the city at nightfall.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gorgeous! I love it!
The weird green orbs are Osage Oranges - they smell nice and keep spiders away if you have a few in your house. Nana has them in every corner of hers :)
Those things are called crab-apples. They are everywhere.
They are Osage Oranges and Iris is right put them on a pie pan in the corners of rooms and they keep bugs out
the pink and yellow mini bouquet looking flower in called Lantana
cheers!
Post a Comment