Last week, my Mom (and her new husband) passed through Dallas on their way down to Harlingen for the winter. This was the first time I met Daryl, so this was kind of awkward since they were staying with me, but we made it through.
While they were visiting, we went to the Stockyards in Fort Worth (one of my favorite places).

Here are Mom and Daryl...

At the old sheep/pig pens...

Here is the "Pig/Sheep Subway" - where they brought the animals through corridors in order to load them on trains...


The 'stables' area - where they housed and transported animals...


Here's the train tracks area - so weird that it used to be such a bustling cattle drive stop (very dirty, smelly and full of animals) and now it's all cutely decorated and full of gift shops! Amazing what 100-150 years will do!

Gotta love cowboys and cowgirls in Fort Worth!!

And this is kind of random, but I have been seeing these biking license plates - I think it's hilarious that they say "Share the Road, Y'All". HAHA!
No comments:
Post a Comment