Last week, I went to a Meetup.com event with a new girls group in the Mid-Cities and it was at a Paint-Your-Own-Pottery place in Hurst. I have done this type of thing once before with a different Meetup group, but this was my first event with this group. They were a really fun group of women and most were my age and my stage of life - YAY!
Most of you know that I am a very Type-A non-artsy person (with the exception of decorating my house - I love that), so this whole 'painting pottery' thing can be somewhat of a challenge. I took a LONG time to pick out a piece (I chose a square bud vase and then another rectangle 'pencil holder' type of vase) and even longer to decide on the colors I was going to use!
When you are done, they have you stop back in a week to pick it up (after they dip and fire the pieces) - I can't wait to see my vases!
Here are some pics from our fun night:

The place was called Pepe Le Potter - so cute!

Here are my vases - the paint is really light, but it turns super dark when they fire it. Mine will be cobalt blue and red when it's all done.....

Here are the girls painting away.....

There are tons of different types of things to make!

Working our magic...

This lady was not in our group, but was working on a HUGE piece - she comes in from time to time to work on it - someday it will be ready to put in the oven!
2 comments:
I've always wanted to try something like that but have never gotten around to it. I'm not a very artsy person either so it would be very interesting to see how it turned out in the end. I like the colors that you chose for your vases. Please take a picture of them when everything is done with them.
That's so cool! We had a place called paintin plates in Toledo but it closed :(
Post a Comment